- Click here for an outline of the latest issue (Volume 29 Issue 1).
- Past issues of the journal can be found here. Outlines of each issue can be found on the individual volume pages.
Explorations in Teacher Development (ETD) (ISSN 2434-589X) is the Teacher Development SIG’s journal of research and reflective practice. TD SIG members receive this publication by email.
ETD offers a scholarly outlet for researchers and practitioners who undertake a close and careful investigation into aspects of the work, thought, and continuous education of teachers, even when these scholarly reports may not fit easily into pre-formed categories.
Submissions for ETD are accepted throughout the year, and we will work with you and peer reviewers toward publication in one of our two regular issues per year. “Beginner” authors—at all levels of experience—can find further guidance in the editorial for Volume 27, Issue 3 (Kasparek, 2021).
We encourage both members and non-members of our SIG to submit papers, so please share this information with your colleagues and friends to ensure a rich and diverse publication.
Please submit your manuscript with a brief cover letter to the following email address: email@example.com
Submission Guidelines: The Teacher Development SIG welcomes submissions for its publication, Explorations in Teacher Development, that address aspects related to the SIG’s core mission of expanding and exploring issues in teacher education.
We are interested in publishing the following categories of articles:
- Research Articles (3000-6000 words)
- Narrative Inquiry
- Reflective or Theoretical Inquiry
- Action Research
- Mixed-Methods Research
- Arts-Based Research
- Explorations (1000-4000 words)
- Perspectives (1000-4000 words)
- Reflections (1000-4000 words)
- Learning / Teaching Journeys
- Teacher Reflections
- Conference Reflections
- Book Reviews
- Columns (500-1000 words)
The TD SIG also publishes the proceedings of our summer Teacher Journeys as well as occasional special issues in collaboration with other JALT SIGs.
If you wish to contribute to ETD, please follow these guidelines:
- Use APA Style (7th ed.).
- Submit at any time, but please check the latest call for papers for the publication schedules.
- Include the following with any submission:
- A brief cover letter indicating which category of ETD article your submission best fits
- Current affiliation and contact email (a short bio and photo are optional).
- In addition, include the following with any research article submission:
- An abstract of 150-250 words, including purpose, methods, and conclusions.
- Include visual aids such as images, graphs, and tables with your article if desired.
Please note that all accepted submissions for the research and explorations sections of ETD will undergo a peer-review process involving feedback and suggestions for improvement.
Managing Editors: Nicholas Kasparek & Yutaka Fujieda
Assistant Editor: Junyuan Chen
Layout Editor: Matthew W. Turner
Copy Editor: Andrew Hofmann
Peer Reviewers: David Bollen, Junyuan Chen, Peter Clements, Yutaka Fujieda, Daniel Hooper, Anne McLellan Howard, Darren Kinsman, Robert J. Lowe, Ewen MacDonald, Patrick Mannion, Sam Morris, Nate Olsen, Jane Pryce, Jennie Roloff Rothman, Chhayankdhar Singh, James Taylor, Deryn Verity, Adie Uchida Verla, Davey Young