Explorations in Teacher Development (ISSN 2434-589X) is the Teacher Development SIG’s journal of research and reflective practice. TD SIG members receive this publication by email.
Papers for Explorations in Teacher Development (ETD) are accepted on an on-going basis. We encourage both members and non-members of our SIG to submit papers, so please share this information with your colleagues and friends to ensure a rich and diverse publication.
Past issues of the journal can be found here and on the individual volume pages.
Submission Guidelines: The Teacher Development SIG welcomes submissions for its publication, Explorations in Teacher Development, that address aspects related to the SIG’s core mission of expanding and exploring issues in teacher education.
The Following is a list of the categories and types of articles we are interested in publishing:
- Research Articles (2000-3000 words)
- Narrative Inquiry
- Reflective Inquiry
- Action Research
- Explorations (1000-3000 words)
- Reflections on beliefs/practices
- Learning / Teaching Journeys
- Columns (500-1000 words)
- “Teacher Reflections”
- “Conference Reflections
In addition, interviews of relevant educators/researchers as well as book reviews may be accepted at the discretion of the editors. Please contact us if interested in writing an interview
piece. TD SIG also publishes the proceedings of our Teacher Journeys conference held in June as well as occasional special issues in collaboration with other JALT SIGs.
If you wish to contribute to the ETD, please pay attention to the following requirements:
- All submissions should use APA style and a maximum of 12 references. Submissions that are not in APA style will be sent back to the authors for reformatting.
- Titles of papers should be 10 words or less.
- Research articles should include an abstract of 100-150 words.
- Explorative pieces do not require references but connections to the literature are encouraged.
- Column contributors are invited to submit at any time, but you may want to send an inquiry regarding your idea.
- All authors should provide their current affiliation and a contact email. A short bio and photo are optional.
- When sending in a submission, please indicate which category of the ETD Journal your article will fit under.
- Authors are encouraged to include charts, images, graphs, etc. with their articles, which will provide a visual representation to our readers.
Please note that all submissions for the research and explorations sections of the ETD will undergo a peer-review process and that, if accepted, we will provide feedback and suggestions for improvement.
Questions and contributions may be sent to Dr. Bill Snyder at the following email address:
Publications Chair: Dr. Bill Snyder
Column Editor: Anna Loseva
Peer Reviewers: Guy Smith, Jane Pryce
Copy Editors: Daniel Hooper, Devon Arthurson